F1 LIVE:Red Bull ‘change plans’ in Christian Horner investigation after allegations

Red Bull are investigating Christian Horner over allegations of inappropriate behaviour.

 

Red Bull’s investigation into Christian Horner’s conduct may be fast-tracked so that a conclusion is reached by the end of next week, according to reports. The 50-year-old is being probed over allegations of inappropriate behaviour, which he vehemently denies after a female colleague issued a complaint to Red Bull’s parent company in Austria.

 

The defending champions are now hoping for the saga to be wrapped up over the coming days, according to The Times, with Red Bull’s hierarchy looking to accelerate the investigation process.

 

It was previously reported that it could drag on until after next month’s Bahrain Grand Prix, with Horner likely to face subsequent rounds of questioning after being grilled by a top lawyer last week. However, there is now said to be a desire within Red Bull to conclude the process as quickly as possible.

 

Horner, who has been at Red Bull since they entered F1 in 2005, is thought to have instructed lawyers to assist him in contesting the new allegation. However, the accusation is said to have done little to ease the uncertainty over his future, which is reportedly hanging in the balance.

Geri Horner ‘devastated’ after sudden death of brother

In a statement earlier this month, Red Bull said they were taking the investigation process ‘extremely seriously’ and that a conclusion would be reached ‘as soon as practicable’.

 

“After becoming aware of recent allegations, the company initiated an independent investigation,” the statement read. “This investigation, which is already underway, is being carried out by an external specialised lawyer.

 

“The company takes these matters extremely seriously and the investigation will be complete as soon as practicable. It would not be appropriate to make any further comments at this time.”

 

 

Horner, meanwhile, was quizzed on his future at Red Bull’s season launch event on Thursday and said: “The support from within the business, of our partners, within the industry, has been overwhelming.

 

“Obviously there’s a process that’s ongoing at the moment, some allegations have been made which I fully deny and I’m complying obviously with that process and will continue to do so until its conclusion. I think it’s been very clear and the position of Red Bull has been that it’s business as normal.

 

“Of course, the allegations are a process that Red Bull are running through and have confirmed that process externally, but obviously there’s a job to do and I deny fully the accusations that have been made, and my role obviously continues.”

 

 

Gideon Canice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *